Readers raise £543 to help victim of Fen arson attack - now we call for help with cleaning, painting and decorating
- Credit: Archant
Generous readers of the Cambs Times and Wisbech Standard have raised £543 to help victims of an arson attack.
The money has come into our offices after a fourth arson attack in the past two years on a couple who are turning a former pub at Three Holes into a family home.
Sara Ingram, formerly of Chatteris, has been left penniless after repeated arson attacks left her home and possessions uninsurable but she said she was heartened by the kindness of people who had rallied round to help.
“I am overwhelmed and humbled and very thankful,” she said.
“We have been given food, clothing, toys for the twins, even a roast dinner bought to us from the Lamb and Flag pub.”
You may also want to watch:
The donations have kicked off a massive mission to support the family with a call for help on Saturday, October 18, to turn up at the property from 9am - the couple are looking for anyone who can offer support to help with painting, gardening or cleaning.
They are looking for anyone who can provide a water boiler to make drinks for volunteers and also appealing for anybody who can offer storage for furniture.
- 1 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in radical ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 4 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 5 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 6 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 7 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 8 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 9 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 10 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
All donations can be hand delivered to our office at Audmoor House, 93 High Street, March. Make cheques payable to Sara Ingram.