Readers with a winning formula
OUR Winners Enclosure feature, containing 12 special end-of-year competitions, proved a success with readers. The competitions, which appeared in our December 29 issue, attracted hundreds of entries. The 15 winners in the Elgood s Double Swan competitio
OUR 'Winners Enclosure' feature, containing 12 special end-of-year competitions, proved a success with readers.
The competitions, which appeared in our December 29 issue, attracted hundreds of entries.
The 15 winners in the Elgood's Double Swan competition are: Dorothy Wright, Smiths Chase, March; Anne Martin, Water Gardens, Wisbech; Rosemary Richardson, Smeeth Road, Marshland St James; Margaret Cross, Westwood Avenue, March; Mrs W Hall, Church Road, Emneth; Kevan London, Lancaster Drive, Long Sutton; Tony Morley, Waterside Gardens, March; Mrs M Brighty, Upwell Road, March; Hannah Wilson, Dowgate Road, Leverington; Mr R Pollington, Front Road, Murrow; Mr J Norman, Albany Road, Wisbech; Mrs F Dickerson, March Road, Coates; Mrs S Lambert, Percheron Drive, March; Mr R Burgess, Ramnoth Road, Wisbech; and Mrs F Cookson, Elizabeth Terrace, Wisbech.
All win an eight-pack of 500ml bottles of Elgood's Double Swan premium pale ale
The 10 winners of Wisbech author Jeanne Whitmee's latest novel, Wishes and Dreams, are: Margaret Cross, Westwood Avenue, March; K Chamberlain, Perry Road, Leverington; Mr J Miller, Elm Road, March; David Wysoczanski, Benwick Road, Whittlesey; Mrs P James, Eastwood Avenue, March; Peter Upfield, Church Road, Walpole St Peter; Mrs J Hughes, Horseshoe Terrace, Wisbech; Mae Green, Marsh Walk, Wisbech; Miss F Harwin, Ravenhill Drive, March; and R Canter, Olivers Way, March.
The Sunday lunch for four at the George Inn, March, was won by S Wheeler, of The Green, March.
- 1 Police 'increasingly concerned' for man missing since early hours yesterday
- 2 'Giving a child the chance to be a child lifts my heart’ says foster carer
- 3 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 4 Obsessive stalker jailed for posting explicit photographs of his former partner
- 5 Wire damage disrupts Great Northern trains between Hitchin and Peterborough
- 6 Man, 28, dies after truck and lorries crash on A47
- 7 Three rail and bus strikes in London and the East this week
- 8 Andre Rieu brings new summer concert to Cambridgeshire cinemas
- 9 Discount store expanding making it ‘bigger and better for customers’
- 10 Unauthorised encampments across Cambs a 'tricky issue' says Police and Crime Commissioner
The £10 voucher at Doddington Garden Centre went to Mrs G Kightly, of West Street, Chatteris, and the £15 voucher for Betts, the March butcher, went to Mrs M Hull, of Gaul Road, March.
Winner of the round of golf and meal for two at the Wyboston Lakes leisure village was Ian Curtis, of Bushmead Road, Eaton Socon.
- More winners from our December 29 competitions will be announced next week.