Reading of John Bond’s death reminded me of World Cup 1966 poster for Wisbech area
WHILE reading about the death of ex-footballer and manager John Bond, I thought of this poster I own for the 1966 World Cup.
Only a few of these were printed and the one I have is for the Wisbech area.
The poster is genuine, not a re-print. It shows a number of businesses in and around the Wisbech area, including Cromwell Tyre Company and Murketts.
My research seems to confirm that this poster was the only one done for the area. It was printed by Sayles & Booth Ltd, of Huddersfield.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 3 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 4 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 5 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 6 Farm donates pumpkins and money to hospitals ‘close to our hearts’
- 7 Man found dead in March
- 8 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 9 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 10 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens