Reckless Chatteris moped rider pays price for pulling wheelie in front of officer
- Credit: Archant
A reckless rider who pulled a wheelie in front of an officer had his moped seized on Monday.
The young moped rider, who pulled the stunt on Chatteris High Street, was followed and stopped on London Road.
When officers discovered he had no insurance, the moped was seized under Section 165 of the Road Traffic Act.
The rider will also be issued with a Section 59 warning for anti-social riding.
The news, which was revealed on the Policing March and Chatteris Facebook page, has been welcomed by residents.
You may also want to watch:
It attracted 114 likes and a host of positive comments,
Steve Choppin posted: “Fab to hear, let’s hope the same happens to a few of the boy racers in their cars, that race up and down the high street in Chatteris!”
- 1 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 2 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 3 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 4 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 5 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 6 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 7 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 8 Farm donates pumpkins and money to hospitals ‘close to our hearts’
- 9 Man found dead in March
- 10 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
John Stevens added: “(The rider) needs to be taught a lesson. Show him pictures of real bike accidents. I’ll do it as a workshop for people like him. I did this as a bike instructor, hammers home that behaviour like this can kill.”