Reckless driver in Chatteris is given an official notice to quit
- Credit: Archant
An anti social motorist who drives “recklessly and dangerously” around a Fenland town has been issued with a notice following complaints from local residents.
The 21-year-old from the Chatteris area was issued the community protection notice following numerous complaints from residents.
PC Janine Hagger said: “The community have been left fearing for their safety after witnessing reckless, erratic and at times dangerous driving from the individual.
“This is a strong message to all drivers, particularly young drivers, that anti-social driving will not be tolerated and will be dealt with robustly.
“I would urge members of the community to report nuisance drivers and number plates of the vehicles they use to police in order for the local policing team to keep on top of the persistent offenders.”
You may also want to watch:
The notice, which was issued on Wednesday October 7, prevents the driver from causing any further distress to residents.
Failure to comply could result in prosecution by the courts.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 4 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 5 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 6 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 7 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital
- 8 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 9 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
The Anti-social Behaviour, Crime and Policing Act 2014 allows police to issue a community protection notice to an individual aged 16 or over if the conduct of the individual is having a persistent or continuing detrimental effect on the quality of life of those in the local area.
Anyone with information about nuisance drivers in the March and Chatteris area should contact police on 101 or email email@example.com.