Recognition for Cambridgeshire’s long serving foster parents
- Credit: Archant
Foster carers from Fenland have received long service awards to recognise their work with Cambridgeshire’s looked after children and young people.
They joined carers from across the county to take part in Cambridgeshire County Council’s Foster Carer Awards Ceremony, held at The Maltings in Ely.
The event is an annual celebration of the local authority’s foster carers and is an opportunity for foster carers, their own children and the children they foster to get together for an evening of fun and entertainment.
Presenting the awards Adrian Loades, executive director for children, families and adults services, said: “We are very grateful for the hard work and commitment shown by our foster carers. Fostering is a fulfilling, demanding, and skilful role and we value the opportunity to celebrate the achievements of our long serving carers”.
Carers were also thanked for their work to help encourage other members of the public to consider fostering.
You may also want to watch:
This is particularly important as Cambridgeshire, like many other areas of the country, needs to recruit more foster carers to provide homes for local children and young people.
Four families from the Fenland area received awards at the ceremony:
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Man found dead in March
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 5 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 6 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 7 Every little helps for surprised shopper thanks to Tesco worker
- 8 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 9 Inspirational teen's charity walk raises £500 to support ill children
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
Peter and Susan Lawrence, from Manea, who have been fostering for 15 years. Peter and Susan are pictured with their son Kelso (13).
Denise Green, from March, who has been fostering with her husband Dave for 10 years.
Wendy Schooling, from March, who has been fostering for 10 years.
Jenny and Ray Archer, from March, who have been fostering for 10 years.
To find out more information about fostering with Cambridgeshire County Council please call 0800 052 0078 or visit www.cambridgeshire.gov.uk/fostering