Record-breaking trolley dash takes place in Whittlesey Co-op
- Credit: Archant
Winner of the St Andrew’s Church, Whittlesey, autumn draw has been revealed; his prize, a two minute supermarket sweep of his local Co-op.
Martin McKelvey scooped the star prize and won his two minute free-for-all at Whittlesey Co-op.
This isn’t the first time St Andrew’s has been offered the trolley-dash as a prize for their grand draw.
The store was open as usual as Martin dashed through the supermarket, claiming a record-breaking £137.99 worth of goods at the checkout last Tuesday evening (November 7).
All together, with fund raising, The Friends of St Andrew’s Church raised £365 towards maintaining the hall and church.
You may also want to watch:
Jason Staples, store manager, had advised his customers that ‘The Dash’ was taking place and he was responsible for scanning all of Martin’s items.
A church spokesman said: “We are very grateful for the access to the store for the event and manager, Jason, for providing timekeeping at all stages of the trolley-dash.”
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 4 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 5 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 8 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 9 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 10 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens