Record number of new businesses have been started in the Fens
- Credit: Archant
A record number of companies were formed in Fenland last year, according to latest figures.
A total of 442 new businesses were launched in the Fens out of 5,879 in the whole of Cambridgeshire.
The new business figures compare to 3,748 which were dissolved in the county during the same period.
Cambridgeshire is 27th in the UK for having new start-ups, according to figures from Inform Direct.
Peterborough was the highest performing area in the county with 1,551 new companies followed by the Cambourne area with 1,203.
You may also want to watch:
Huntingdonshire came next with 1,177 new businesses.
In Cambridge there were 974 new businesses launched.
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 3 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 6 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 7 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 8 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 9 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 10 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital
The league table showed that the most new businesses were launched in London with 191,915.
The majority of new businesses in Cambridgeshire are private limited companies, figures revealed.