Red Arrows to roar through the skies, including the Fens - here’s where you can catch them
- Credit: Archant
The Red Arrows will be thundering through the skies today (Friday), including parts of the Fens, as part of an anniversary flight.
The planned flypast is part of RAF Mildenhall’s Big Birthday Bash, performed by the Royal Air Force Aerobatic Team.
Taking off from RAF Scampton at 2.18pm, the squadron will lead to the east coast, then into Norfolk before heading towards Mildenhall at 2.35pm.
The jets will then head towards the Cross Drove area off the A141 near Chatteris at 2.48pm before heading back into Bourne at 2.51pm and returning to base.
Clear skies are expected for the flypast this afternoon, so aviation fans can expect to gain a clear sighting of the jets.
You may also want to watch:
The full route is as follows:
- 14:18 - Scampton, Lincolnshire
- 1 Man charged over death threats to deputy Labour leader Angela Rayner
- 2 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 3 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 4 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 5 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 6 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 7 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 8 Man who sent deputy Labour leader threatening email spared jail
- 9 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 10 Cambridgeshire hospitals busy and staff tired and abused
- 14:20 - East of Fiskerton, Lincolnshire
- 14:24 - Chapel St Leonards, Lincolnshire
- 14:30 - Mileham, Norfolk
- 14:31 - West of Dereham, Norfolk
- 14:33 - North of Feltwell, Norfolk
- 14:34 - South of Feltwell, Norfolk
- 14:35 - Mildenhall, Suffolk
- 14:48 - South-west of Chatteris, Cambridgeshire
- 14:51 - East of Bourne, Lincolnshire
- 14:55 - South of Bottesford, Leicestershire
- 14:58 - North-west of Swinderby, Lincolnshire
- 15:00 - Return to Scampton
Will you be seeing the Red Arrows today? Send us in your pictures and videos of the flypast to Daniel.Mason@archant.co.uk.