Red Ribbon Award for CUB energy advisors
A MARCH company was rewarded for its community involvement when it picked up a prestigious Red Ribbon Award at a glittery ceremony in London.
CUB - an energy advisor that works with commercial companies - was recognised for work it does with schools, job seekers and students, and donating to charity for every new contract won.
The event was hosted by Family Business Place, and the Red Ribbon Awards are the only awards to recognise the achievements of family run businesses of all shapes and sizes from around the UK.
CUB chairman Jaqui Fairfax said: “CUB was honoured to be shortlisted for two Red Ribbon Awards; Family Business of the Year and Community Involvement. CUB was against household names such as Timpsons and Carpetright for the community involvement award, and so we were absolutely thrilled when they announced were were the winners.”
Melinda Fairfax, head of marketing at CUB said: “Winning this prestigious accolade has provided our team with further confidence to expand our community involvement and has provided motivation to encourage other businesses a good deed done is a good deed shared.”
You may also want to watch:
“This award recognises the hard work that all our staff put into charity and community work and shows once again that we certainly punch above our weight.”
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 5 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 6 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 7 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 8 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 9 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 10 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told