Reef Estates want to buy former Westgate Store in March and expand it
A PROPERTY company is set to acquire and re develop the former Westgate store in Station Road, March.
Reef Estates say they have exchanged contracts conditionally to buy the former Co-op owned store and plan a “substantial restoration” with first floor extension to the rear and side of the building.
The company has applied for planning consent to extent the building to “make the ground floor and first floor areas more useable. This will also help to create a more aesthetically pleasing appearance to the rear of the building by removing the existing dilapidated staircase.
It will be the second major acquisition by Reef in March, the company having bought the former freezer centre nearby five years ago. Their proposal for shops and flats on the site was rejected by Fenland Council and the site remains vacant.
However Reef is confident their plan for the former Westgate store will “enhance the existing run down building with a modern yet sensitive side extension”.
You may also want to watch:
Recent developments by Reef include a 75 bed Premier Inn in the centre of Newmarket and a 28,000 square ft town centre retail development in Beccles, Suffolk
- 1 Bombshell result in village polls leaves 115 homes plan in doubt
- 2 Two mystery sinkholes appear across town during scorching weekend
- 3 Woman claims police officer ‘forced himself’ upon her
- 4 Hotel has everything you need for a relaxing staycation
- 5 Thunderstorms set to hit Cambs after hot intense weekend
- 6 Slimmer crowned 'greatest loser' after dropping four stone
- 7 Magpas chief executive 'surprised and honoured' by MBE
- 8 New ditch to relieve flood issues 'more challenging than expected'
- 9 Van overturns after striking Ely’s infamous ‘most bashed bridge’
- 10 Jail for man who broke partner’s nose and intimidated witness