Register now ahead of police and crime commissoner elections in May
- Credit: Archant
People are being urged to register to vote for the police and crime commissioner elections held on Thursday May 5.
East Cambridgeshire District Council is encouraging voters ahead of the April 18 deadline to register.
Ben Brook, head of the electoral commission, English regions, said: “Our research shows that young people, students and recent home movers are less likely to be registered to vote.
“If you’re not registered, you won’t be able to have your say on issues that directly affect your day-to-day life in Cambridgeshire.”
To register to vote, visit: www.gov.uk/register-to-vote
You may also want to watch:
Registering now will also mean people can vote on the referendum on the UK’s membership of the European Union on June 23.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 4 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 5 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 6 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 7 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 8 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 9 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 10 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens