Register office for Fenland to switch from Audmoor House to March Library
WEDDINGS and civil ceremonies will be carried out at March Library once the registration service moves there.
Cambridgeshire County Council has announced it will move the register office from Audmoor House, High Street, to the library from the beginning of December. “This change reflects our continued focus on delivering excellent customer service while carefully managing costs,” said a council spokesman.
The council says the switch will save the cost of leasing Audmoor House whilst at the same time “continuing to provide an equivalent service to customers.”
The spokesman said: “The library was originally designed with registration in mind, and
the service was delivered from the library until the move to Audmoor House in 2005.
You may also want to watch:
“Changes made last year to opening hours rebalanced the appointments between March and Wisbech, where the registration service is located in Fenland District Council’s one stop shop.
“It also re-introduced availability of notice appointments in Wisbech, which had not been available since 2005. Services will continue to be delivered in both March and Wisbech after the move to the library, and the balance of appointments will be kept under continual review.”
- 1 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 2 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 3 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 4 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 5 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 6 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 7 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 8 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 9 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 10 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle