Reliving the Queen’s speeches decade by decade for the Jubilee
A COLLECTION of the Queen’s speeches throughout her reign formed the backbone of Jubilee celebrations for March’s University of the Third Age.
The group who celebrated the occasion yesterday also enjoyed a talk on a day in the life of Queen Elizabeth II.
More than 80 people turned up for the event at the Community Centre, March, which included and men and women’s best hat competition.
Maureen Coker, one of the organisers, said: “We had her first speech after her coronation then one from each of the decades she has been Queen.
“A very good time was had by all.”
You may also want to watch:
The University of the Third Age or U3A offers older people the opportunity to share their knowledge, skills and experience in a friendly atmosphere.
The next event will be a talk by someone who served Louis Mountbatten, the Duke of Edinburgh’s uncle, for 10 years. For details contact 01354 653739.
- 1 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 2 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 3 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 4 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 5 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 6 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 7 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 8 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 9 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 10 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend