Remembering the lives of loved ones at St Peter’s and St Pauls Church in Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
A Christmas memorial service took place in Wisbech to remember the lives of loved ones.
It is the second year that a local funeral directors hosted the event at St Peter and St Paul’s Church conducted by Father Paul West.
Lee Nelson, of W and W G West and W Bailey and Son funeral directors, said: “Last year when we first had the idea to hold a memorial service, we were hoping to have 30 people attend and we were blown away when we had 150 guests.
“This year, nothing could have prepared us for what happened. People were arriving 45 minutes before the service and the church was full.”
More than 300 people attended the service which was a mix of carols, readings and performances by The Cantus Choir and special guest Vanessa Hunt who featured on BBC 1’s The Voice.
You may also want to watch:
There was also the opportunity for families and friends to write special messages to be hung on memorial Christmas trees at the front of the church.
Mr Nelson said: “Following the Service, social media was going frantic with thank you messages coming in by the minute as people found the service very comforting.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 5 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 6 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 7 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 8 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 9 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 10 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
“It was an overwhelming success and it was testament to Nikki Martin and Sarah Anderson for all of the hard work they put into organising it.”
The memorial Christmas trees are now at both branches of teh funeral directors for members of the public to hang their special messages on.
If you would like to place a message on one of the trees, please contact them.