Remembrance Parade in March will start earlier so the two minutes silence is held at 11am at the war memorial
- Credit: Archant
Plans are in the pipeline to change the timings of the Sunday Remembrance Parade in March so that the two minutes silence takes place at the memorial as the clock strikes 11am.
Nigel Spencer, parade marshall, said on a social media post: “The Royal British Legion held a meeting in December then presented our preferred option to the mayor, future mayor and town council in January, we then presented our decision to the vicar of St Peters Church last week.
“The format for the March Town Sunday Remembrance Parade will remain the same but the timings will come forward.
“By bringing forward the parade it means we can hold the 2 minutes silence at the March town war memorial which will hopefully please everyone.
“Thank you for all your views reference the future format of the March Town Sunday Remembrance Parade.”
You may also want to watch:
Under the new plans the parade will begin earlier so that:
• Everybody sets off from Mill View car park at 9.30am.
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 3 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 4 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 5 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 6 Man found dead in March
- 7 Farm donates pumpkins and money to hospitals ‘close to our hearts’
- 8 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 9 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 10 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
• Church service from 9.50am to 10.25am.
• Then from 10.35am march from St Peters to the town’s war memorial.
• March on the standards.
• Vicar to give sermon.
• Last Post and exhortation.
• The two minutes silence will take place as the clock strikes 11am.
• Then the kohima, wreath laying and national anthem.
* Then standards marched off and the parade dismissed.
Mr Spencer said: “I will formally write to all the organisations that take part and hope that everyone who normally supports the parade can still take part as normal.
A road closure application was submitted on January 17 with the plan and route.