Repair work to start after vehicle crashes on Cotton’s Corner Bridge, near Upwell
REPAIRS are due to take place on an old Fenland bridge after a vehicle crashed into the parapet.
Traffic has been restricted to one lane on Cotton’s Corner Bridge, near Upwell, after the collision last week.
A Cambridgeshire County Council spokesman said temporary traffic lights and restricted speed limit signs would be installed while the repairs take place.
The spokesman said: “Our engineers were out yesterday assessing the extent of the damage.
“A vehicle crashed into it about 10 days ago. It knocked a large hole through the parapet and the bridge is now down to one lane of traffic.
You may also want to watch:
“The cost of the repairs will be covered by the driver’s insurance.”
- 1 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in radical ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 4 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 5 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 6 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 7 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 8 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 9 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 10 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town