Replica Noddy car that has almost become a tourist attraction in its ‘home’ town of March, Cambridgeshire, could fetch £12,000 at auction
- Credit: Archant
A Noddy replica car – seen regularly in March and the Fens - is to be auctioned off this month with a guide price of £10,000-£12,000.
Retired engineer Geoffrey Hearn and his wife from March are the current owners of the car (they bought it in 2012) but have decided all good things must come to an end.
The 1977 Reliant Kitten DL road legal Noddy car construction, registration number SHL 660S, red and yellow, will is being put up for sale on April 12 at a West Country auction.
Matthew Whitney, of Charterhouse auctioneers, told Metro newspaper: “We have never had anything quite like this car before.
“This is a true one of a kind and actually an incredibly accurate replica, looking just like the car described in the stories and shown on television.”
Mr Hearn said he and his wife bought it after spotting it on eBay – the previous owner had originally bought it from a scrap yard and undertook most of the renovations.
The car is one of the star turns at Charterhouse auctions at the Shepton Mallet showground.
- 1 Glasses smashed and beer poured on pub floor after alcohol refusal
- 2 Missing woman back home
- 3 Roll up, roll up, for the Fenland Council mini ‘sale of the century’
- 4 Zip-shaped mark on Rikki's body came from his anorak – the one used to strangle him, court told
- 5 Car travelled wrong way down A1 before triple fatal crash, say police
- 6 Motorists face extra time on journeys due to A141 closure
- 7 £14.6m school transformation complete after two-year project
- 8 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim
- 9 Pastor in freedom of speech and job fight over Pride tweet
- 10 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
Charterhouse described the replica as a “faithful representation of Noddy and Big Ears yellow and red car and has been constructed using a Reliant Kitten DL shortened chassis and running gear.
“The car is fully road legal and there are numerous images of the car under construction.
“Our vendor has used it for charity shows and promotional work. During his ownership, the car has been fully re sprayed and has formed part of a private collection.
“This charming and possibly unique car offers the ultimate accessory for a Noddy collector, or could be used for promotional and charity work as our vendor has”.