Replica Noddy car that has almost become a tourist attraction in its ‘home’ town of March, Cambridgeshire, could fetch £12,000 at auction
- Credit: Archant
A Noddy replica car – seen regularly in March and the Fens - is to be auctioned off this month with a guide price of £10,000-£12,000.
Retired engineer Geoffrey Hearn and his wife from March are the current owners of the car (they bought it in 2012) but have decided all good things must come to an end.
The 1977 Reliant Kitten DL road legal Noddy car construction, registration number SHL 660S, red and yellow, will is being put up for sale on April 12 at a West Country auction.
Matthew Whitney, of Charterhouse auctioneers, told Metro newspaper: “We have never had anything quite like this car before.
“This is a true one of a kind and actually an incredibly accurate replica, looking just like the car described in the stories and shown on television.”
You may also want to watch:
Mr Hearn said he and his wife bought it after spotting it on eBay – the previous owner had originally bought it from a scrap yard and undertook most of the renovations.
The car is one of the star turns at Charterhouse auctions at the Shepton Mallet showground.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 3 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 5 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 6 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 7 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 8 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 9 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 10 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital
Charterhouse described the replica as a “faithful representation of Noddy and Big Ears yellow and red car and has been constructed using a Reliant Kitten DL shortened chassis and running gear.
“The car is fully road legal and there are numerous images of the car under construction.
“Our vendor has used it for charity shows and promotional work. During his ownership, the car has been fully re sprayed and has formed part of a private collection.
“This charming and possibly unique car offers the ultimate accessory for a Noddy collector, or could be used for promotional and charity work as our vendor has”.