Rescue puppy Molly, who was looked after at Wood Green, finds loving new home in time for Christmas
- Credit: Archant
A rescue puppy that underwent a series of operations to correct a debilitating bone deformity has found a home just in time for Christmas.
Bichon-cross Molly came to Wood Green, The Animals’ Charity, in August 2014.
She was suffering from medial patellar luxation, which caused both of her hind legs to constantly dislocate.
The charity started an emergency appeal in order to raise the £5,000 needed to carry out corrective surgery. Thanks to the generosity of donors and local residents, the funds were raised in less than a day.
During the past three months Molly underwent surgery and rehabilitation on each of her back legs, while under the constant care of the Wood Green surgery team and her foster carer Jan Tufnail.
You may also want to watch:
On Friday, she was fit enough to leave the care of Wood Green and go home with her new owners Gillian and Leslie Ballinger, from North Somercotes in Lincolnshire, just in time for Christmas.
Mrs Ballinger said her husband had spotted Molly on the Wood Green website and thought she would make a great companion for their Airedale Terrier Chiloh and a new friend for their seven-year-old daughter Stephanie.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 3 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 4 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 5 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 6 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 7 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 8 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 9 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital
Following Molly’s first weekend in her new home, Mrs Ballinger told Wood Green: “It’s almost as if we’ve had her for years, people have commented on how comfy she seems at home.
“She gets on really well with Chiloh and likes to go and snuggle up with him. Thank you so much to everyone at Wood Green, we’re now all looking forward to a wonderful family Christmas at home.”
To find out more about some of the amazing dogs like Molly looking for loving homes this winter, go to www.woodgreen.org.uk/rehome/dogs