RESCUED: Fire crews free horse entangled in reeds underneath Fenland bridge
- Credit: Archant
A TWO hour rescue mission involving fire crews from two stations finally freed a trapped horse.
The horse was stuck under a bridge with reeds encasing its legs.
One fire crew from Chatteris and another from Huntingdon – plus a rescue vehicle from Huntingdon- were called to the incident.
The alarm was sounded on Saturday morning after emergency services received reports of a horse stuck in a dyke near to the Three Pickerels pub, in Bridge Road, Mepal.
A fire service spokesman said: “Animal rescue-trained firefighters used specialist equipment, in-water suits and animal rescue techniques to release to the horse to safety.”
You may also want to watch:
The call was raised at 8.50am and crews returned to their stations by 11.05am.
- 1 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 2 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 3 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 4 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 5 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 6 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 7 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 8 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 9 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 10 Farm donates pumpkins and money to hospitals ‘close to our hearts’