Residents encouraged to live Fenland greener lifestyle
FENLAND’S Greener Living Fair was held last Saturday in West End Park, March, to encourage residents to live a more environmentally friendly lifestyle.
Around 400 people visited the event which ran from noon until 5pm and included more than 30 stands from local businesses who are all committed to making a greener Fenland.
Councillor Peter Murphy said: “The fair was a great, fun event with a serious message.
“Lots of people attended and were given information on saving energy in their homes. The weather held off, everyone seemed to enjoy the free activities and the birds of prey demonstrations proved particularly popular.”
Anglian Water, Energy Saving Trust, HOPE and various Fenland District Council services were just some of the organisations that offered advice to those who attended.
You may also want to watch:
Boxes of organic fruit and vegetables were given to visitors who also enjoyed watching circus skills amongst activities that created fun for all at the free family event.
- 1 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 2 CCTV released after shopkeeper assaulted in robbery
- 3 Woman jailed for knife-point robbery
- 4 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 5 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 6 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
- 7 MP takes a tour of school’s £14m transformation
- 8 9 hidden gems of East Anglia by rail from Cambridgeshire
- 9 Worst road in Fenland? You'd better believe it
- 10 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years