Residents encouraged to live Fenland greener lifestyle
FENLAND’S Greener Living Fair was held last Saturday in West End Park, March, to encourage residents to live a more environmentally friendly lifestyle.
Around 400 people visited the event which ran from noon until 5pm and included more than 30 stands from local businesses who are all committed to making a greener Fenland.
Councillor Peter Murphy said: “The fair was a great, fun event with a serious message.
“Lots of people attended and were given information on saving energy in their homes. The weather held off, everyone seemed to enjoy the free activities and the birds of prey demonstrations proved particularly popular.”
Anglian Water, Energy Saving Trust, HOPE and various Fenland District Council services were just some of the organisations that offered advice to those who attended.
You may also want to watch:
Boxes of organic fruit and vegetables were given to visitors who also enjoyed watching circus skills amongst activities that created fun for all at the free family event.
- 1 Police forensics team begin search after death of woman in her 70s
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s
- 3 Firefighters attempted to resuscitate suspected murder victim
- 4 Two boys, aged 12 and 14, arrested after 3am service station burglary
- 5 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
- 6 iPads and laptops stolen in school break-in
- 7 Class B drug factory discovered following British Gas search warrant
- 8 Defeated Tory hits out at ‘toxic brand’ and says ‘James Palmer had it coming’
- 9 MP Steve Barclay visits £14m A47 Guyhirn roundabout upgrade works
- 10 Drink-driver blows over four times legal limit after ‘booze and cruise’