Residents encouraged to live Fenland greener lifestyle
FENLAND’S Greener Living Fair was held last Saturday in West End Park, March, to encourage residents to live a more environmentally friendly lifestyle.
Around 400 people visited the event which ran from noon until 5pm and included more than 30 stands from local businesses who are all committed to making a greener Fenland.
Councillor Peter Murphy said: “The fair was a great, fun event with a serious message.
“Lots of people attended and were given information on saving energy in their homes. The weather held off, everyone seemed to enjoy the free activities and the birds of prey demonstrations proved particularly popular.”
Anglian Water, Energy Saving Trust, HOPE and various Fenland District Council services were just some of the organisations that offered advice to those who attended.
Boxes of organic fruit and vegetables were given to visitors who also enjoyed watching circus skills amongst activities that created fun for all at the free family event.
- 1 Thousands descend on Chatteris as town lights up for Christmas
- 2 Princess Eugenie comes to town in bid to tackle modern slavery
- 3 Stolen caravans discovered on village site to relief of owners
- 4 Fens business park goes to auction - for up to £700,000
- 5 Children among suspected hare coursers stopped in the Fens
- 6 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 7 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
- 8 Wayne officially opens doors to DOORBRITE showroom
- 9 Check before you travel ahead of major upgrade, commuters warned
- 10 Shocking footage appears to show £100m Marham jet crashing off carrier