Residents frustrated’ after council meeting
A PARISH council chairman is being reported to an official watchdog over his conduct at a meeting. Benwick villagers are said to have left Tuesday s Parish Council meeting in an angry mood. About 30 villagers went to the meeting after Councillor Howard L
A PARISH council chairman is being reported to an official watchdog over his conduct at a meeting.
Benwick villagers are said to have left Tuesday's Parish Council meeting in an angry mood.
About 30 villagers went to the meeting after Councillor Howard Langford made comments, in this newspaper, about the lack of community spirit in Benwick. He said the village was going downhill.
Scout leader John Chelton said: "His attitude to the people of the village was absolutely disgusting. He shouted and screamed at people and tried to get into a slanging match with me.
You may also want to watch:
"I asked for his resignation but he just closed the meeting.
"His attitude for a person who represents this community is beyond belief.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 3 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 4 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 5 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 6 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
- 7 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 8 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 9 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 10 Photographer, Eleanor, wins highly regarded award
"I am making an official complaint to the Standards Board about him."
Villager Doug Rose said he believed Cllr Langford should have apologised for his comments and is calling for the resignation of all members of the parish council.
He said: "There are some good councillors but I find it unbelievable that a publicly elected body can behave in this way.
"I will be reporting him to the Standards Board because I personally feel he did not treat people with respect."
At the time of going to press Cllr Langford was unavailable for comment.