Residents move into Roddons’ new affordable homes in Wisbech
RESIDENTS have started moving into new affordable homes in Railway Road, Wisbech.
The homes were developed by Roddons Housing Association, part of Circle housing group, and are part of the organisation’s commitment to build affordable homes in Fenland.
The scheme has 18 houses, 13 two-bed and five three-bed houses, all with own gardens. There are also 12 flats, of which eight are two-bed and four one-bed flats. The contemporary homes are also eco-friendly.
Residents will benefit from much better heat and water efficiency compared to new homes built to standard building regulations.
Anthony Skeels was one of the first to move into a two-bedroom home with his daughter Holly.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “I have been a happy Roddons resident for 15 years now. My daughter and I are really excited about moving in and making the place our home.
“It’s great that everything is new and it’s a lovely area. The gardens are also welcoming and we are looking forward meeting our new neighbours and making friends.”
- 1 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 2 March Town mark long-awaited step five return with opening day defeat
- 3 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 4 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 5 Sweet Caroline and a dodgy knee - review of Olly Murs at Newmarket Nights
- 6 Did you go to Newmarket Nights? Spot yourself in our gallery
- 7 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 8 Blush crowned best bridal shop in Cambs
- 9 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 10 Not breaking news: Vicar with a vision, illegal fishing, workhouses and fork theft
Christopher Smith, managing director of Roddons, said: “Everyone at Roddons is very excited about residents moving into their Railway Road homes this week.
“We are one step closer in our promise to develop more affordable homes across the district to help meet housing need in Fenland. I hope all residents have many happy days in their new homes.”
The Roddons team is already busy preparing the handover of the next affordable homes development. Residents are set to move into 24 new homes in Harvest House, Chatteris, later this month.