Residents push for Chatteris to have its own heritage society
- Credit: Archant
CHATTERIS may follow in the footsteps of Wisbech, March and Whittlesey and have its own heritage society.
The organisation would protect the town’s existing heritage and encourage high-quality modern buildings there.
Fenland District Councillor Simon King was approached by residents who proposed the idea.
He said: “There is clearly some interest in pursuing this suggestion and it has the potential to be of great benefit to the town.
“As a council we recognise the important part that our architectural heritage plays in making Fenland an attractive place to live and visit and we are keen to work closely with our civic societies to support that.
You may also want to watch:
“So I would welcome any feedback from people in Chatteris about this idea and whether they would like to take it forward.”
If you would like to get involved contact Cllr King by emailing email@example.com or calling 07939 696322
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 3 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 5 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 6 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 7 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 8 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 9 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 10 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital