RESULT: Gavin Booth gains seat for Lib Dems in Parson Drove and Wisbech St. Mary
THE first shock in this year’s elections came from Parson Drove and Wisbech St Mary where Liberal Democrat Gavin Booth won a seat from the Conservatives.
Steve Tierney was the Conservative councillor to fall, after Cllr Booth polled 652 votes to his 602.
Tory Robert Scrimshaw returns to Fenland Hall for his first full term. He won his seat in a by-election in 2008.
Gavin Booth (Liberal Democrat) 652
David Goode (Labour) 303
Mary Lane (Liberal Democrat) 405
- 1 Village shop hit by ram raiders
- 2 F1 fan Magdalena bids to land 'once in a lifetime' chance
- 3 Motorcyclist in serious condition after A142 tractor crash
- 4 Teenager was ‘acting in self-defence’ when stamping on boy’s head
- 5 A47 near Wisbech set to close for seven weekends due to roadworks
- 6 Second river crash in a week as driver escapes injury
- 7 Sex offender who 'wiped internet history' jailed for breaching court orders
- 8 New cops truck catches out law-breaking drivers in successful week
- 9 Father and son accused of man's murder set to stand trial this summer
- 10 Farm shop's green light for outdoor seating and play area
Robert Scrimshaw (Conservative) 849
Steve Tierney (Conservative) 602
TURNOUT: 42.87 per cent