RESULT: Gavin Booth gains seat for Lib Dems in Parson Drove and Wisbech St. Mary
THE first shock in this year’s elections came from Parson Drove and Wisbech St Mary where Liberal Democrat Gavin Booth won a seat from the Conservatives.
Steve Tierney was the Conservative councillor to fall, after Cllr Booth polled 652 votes to his 602.
Tory Robert Scrimshaw returns to Fenland Hall for his first full term. He won his seat in a by-election in 2008.
Gavin Booth (Liberal Democrat) 652
David Goode (Labour) 303
Mary Lane (Liberal Democrat) 405
- 1 Police 'increasingly concerned' for man missing since early hours yesterday
- 2 'Giving a child the chance to be a child lifts my heart’ says foster carer
- 3 Obsessive stalker jailed for posting explicit photographs of his former partner
- 4 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 5 Recap: Wire damage disrupts Hitchin and Peterborough trains
- 6 Man, 28, dies after truck and lorries crash on A47
- 7 Thameslink passengers urged to delay travel until later due to 'incidents'
- 8 Three rail and bus strikes in London and the East this week
- 9 Two combine harvesters catch fire in under 12 hours
- 10 Unauthorised encampments across Cambs a 'tricky issue' says Police and Crime Commissioner
Robert Scrimshaw (Conservative) 849
Steve Tierney (Conservative) 602
TURNOUT: 42.87 per cent