RESULT: Gavin Booth gains seat for Lib Dems in Parson Drove and Wisbech St. Mary
THE first shock in this year’s elections came from Parson Drove and Wisbech St Mary where Liberal Democrat Gavin Booth won a seat from the Conservatives.
Steve Tierney was the Conservative councillor to fall, after Cllr Booth polled 652 votes to his 602.
Tory Robert Scrimshaw returns to Fenland Hall for his first full term. He won his seat in a by-election in 2008.
Gavin Booth (Liberal Democrat) 652
You may also want to watch:
David Goode (Labour) 303
Mary Lane (Liberal Democrat) 405
- 1 Man, aged in his 40s, dies after suspected drug-fuelled B1101 crash
- 2 Updates as emergency services rush to major crash blocking B1101
- 3 Serious crash blocks main road into Fen town
- 4 Chatteris drug dealers handed community orders
- 5 Home next to disused railway bridge gets the go-ahead
- 6 Man dies following crash on Cambridgeshire road
- 7 On hottest day of the year hospital 'put me in a store room for over two hours'
- 8 Vaccine centre closure date announced amid 60,000 doses target
- 9 Disgruntled dog owners fall foul of Wetherspoon's dog ban
- 10 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits
Robert Scrimshaw (Conservative) 849
Steve Tierney (Conservative) 602
TURNOUT: 42.87 per cent