RESULT: Gavin Booth gains seat for Lib Dems in Parson Drove and Wisbech St. Mary
THE first shock in this year’s elections came from Parson Drove and Wisbech St Mary where Liberal Democrat Gavin Booth won a seat from the Conservatives.
Steve Tierney was the Conservative councillor to fall, after Cllr Booth polled 652 votes to his 602.
Tory Robert Scrimshaw returns to Fenland Hall for his first full term. He won his seat in a by-election in 2008.
Gavin Booth (Liberal Democrat) 652
You may also want to watch:
David Goode (Labour) 303
Mary Lane (Liberal Democrat) 405
- 1 Family remembers 'cheeky, friendly and well-liked' mechanic
- 2 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 3 Body found in Wisbech road
- 4 Diamond celebrations for former mayor and council chairman
- 5 Chatteris firm with £20m growth plan
- 6 ‘High risk’ paedophile had indecent images of children on his phone
- 7 Crash driver four and a half times over drink drive limit
- 8 Survey finds staggering 97 cent support for new Aldi store
- 9 Man confronted in live stream cleared of all sex abuse allegations
- 10 Students highlight road safety in new films
Robert Scrimshaw (Conservative) 849
Steve Tierney (Conservative) 602
TURNOUT: 42.87 per cent