RESULT: Rob Skoulding elected to Fenland Council in March West
INDEPENDENT Rob Skoulding beat first-time Conservative candidate Adam Triggs to secure a seat on Fenland District Council.
Mr Skoulding, the son of the late Conservative councillor Peter Skoulding, polled 1,082 votes - a total only beaten by Conservative Kit Owen. Mr Triggs polled 813 votes.
The third seat in March West was retained by Jan French.
Matt Broadfield (Independent) 483
You may also want to watch:
Christopher Carter (Labour) 472
Stephen Court (Liberal Democrat) 460
- 1 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 2 Car blaze was arson say fire chiefs
- 3 Pictures show cars - including Tesco delivery vans - queued at fuel pumps
- 4 Man arrested after suspected drink or drug-fuelled A141 crash
- 5 Crisis, what crisis? Panic buying at the pumps in Fenland
- 6 Zero hygiene rating for East Cambs take-away
- 7 Ledger discovery affords a glimpse of Victorian travel
- 8 The Great British Sunday is a rush to the pumps not the piers
- 9 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
- 10 47-home estate 'beggars belief' says councillor
Jan French (Conservative) 1,019
Kit Owen (Conservative) 1,117
Rob Skoulding (Independent) 1,082
Adam Triggs (Conservative) 813
TURNOUT: 43.25 per cent