RESULT: Rob Skoulding elected to Fenland Council in March West
INDEPENDENT Rob Skoulding beat first-time Conservative candidate Adam Triggs to secure a seat on Fenland District Council.
Mr Skoulding, the son of the late Conservative councillor Peter Skoulding, polled 1,082 votes - a total only beaten by Conservative Kit Owen. Mr Triggs polled 813 votes.
The third seat in March West was retained by Jan French.
Matt Broadfield (Independent) 483
You may also want to watch:
Christopher Carter (Labour) 472
Stephen Court (Liberal Democrat) 460
- 1 Woman escapes unharmed after car and bus B1101 crash
- 2 Tributes paid to 'much loved' Gabija killed in A605 crash
- 3 Family tribute to grandfather killed in A1123 crash
- 4 ‘I’m tired of being fobbed off’ says customer of Wisbech builder
- 5 Man dies in A11 ditch crash
- 6 Wife's tribute to husband killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 7 Mum overwhelmed by support for 'angel gowns' project
- 8 14-year-old footballer's 'dream' comes true after securing England trial
- 9 Uber-style app could mean doorstep bus pick up
- 10 Woman left 'terrified' after spitting assault
Jan French (Conservative) 1,019
Kit Owen (Conservative) 1,117
Rob Skoulding (Independent) 1,082
Adam Triggs (Conservative) 813
TURNOUT: 43.25 per cent