I ENJOY a little sardonic humour, so well done to Mark Burton for his proposal to abandon retirement age completely.
I ENJOY a little sardonic humour, so well done to Mark Burton for his proposal
to abandon retirement age completely.
To elaborate on his theme, concerning service to the economy in his afterlife,
Might I suggest that, after death, we both volunteer to serve as skeleton staff
to the new March crematorium, should the need arise.
B S GOWLER
- 1 Thousands descend on Chatteris as town lights up for Christmas
- 2 Princess Eugenie comes to town in bid to tackle modern slavery
- 3 Stolen caravans discovered on village site to relief of owners
- 4 Children among suspected hare coursers stopped in the Fens
- 5 Fens business park goes to auction - for up to £700,000
- 6 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 7 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
- 8 Wayne officially opens doors to DOORBRITE showroom
- 9 Check before you travel ahead of major upgrade, commuters warned
- 10 East Cambs Council bins green waste collections for seven weeks