Retirement complex that is ‘modern, flexible and accessible’ to be built in March
- Credit: Archant
A 13-bed retirement complex with kitchen, bar area, community building and plant room will be built in March.
The site will be built on overgrown land next to the sheltered housing scheme Elliott Lodge in Elliott Road.
It was approved at a planning committee meeting at Fenland District Council (FDC) yesterday (January 29).
The proposal, by Snowmountain Enterprises, state: "One of the main objectives of this is to re-locate a poorly designed first floor community space at the far southern end of the site in the existing complex in Elliott Lodge.
"It will turn it into a ground floor space, that is modern, flexible, accessible to all with good levels of natural daylight in a more central location."
You may also want to watch:
Councillor Kay Mayor said: "This will enhance the area and retirement homes are desperately needed."
A section 106 community donation of £112,000 will also be included in the scheme.
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 8 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 9 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 10 County passes funding of new £25m Wisbech school back to the Government