Reunion planned for Wisbech Centre to mark almost 60 years of students
FORMER pupils and staff of the Wisbech Centre stretching back as far as 1956 are being invited to a reunion.
The reunion to mark the closure of the Hortic Station will bring together more than 10,000 students from its opening to today.
Opened as the Isle of Ely College and Horticultural Institute, students there have gone on to become National Trust head gardeners and zookeepers.
The centre is now moving to the College of West Anglia’s campus in Milton, Cambridge.
The reunion is being held on Saturday, June 23 at the Elme Hall Hotel, Wisbech, starting at 4pm. It is free and everyone is welcome.
You may also want to watch:
It will be an opportunity to meet up with old friends and colleagues, look at photographs and catch up on news.
Please visit for details and booking www.cwa.ac.uk/reunion.
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Man found dead in March
- 3 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 4 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 5 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 6 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 7 Every little helps for surprised shopper thanks to Tesco worker
- 8 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 9 Inspirational teen's charity walk raises £500 to support ill children
- 10 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire