Revving up for a world champion event at Emneth
- Credit: Archant
Petrol heads will rev into the Fens for a world championship fight to be the best in their class - on a mini scale.
Slot stox car racers from across the country will make their way to Emneth for the annual world championship event in December.
Scalextric car owners from around the country go head to head to find the driving superchamp of 2014 - and if you haven’t tried your hand at it and fancy your chances then newcomers are always welcome.
Juliam Moat, 47, who has been racing at the club for 30 years, said: “It is suitable for anyone from five to 90. It is great fun and doesn’t cost much, £40 will set you up with a good car.”
Taking part as confirmed competitors are racers from Ipswich Foxall Slots and Arena Essex.
You may also want to watch:
There may also be competitors from Bradford.
The Fenland Tiger Slot Stox Club meets every Monday from 8pm at the church hall in Emneth.
- 1 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in radical ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 4 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 5 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 6 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 7 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 8 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 9 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 10 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
The World Championships is on Sunday December 7 from 12-5pm.
For more information contact Mr Moat on 07775-833063 or look up Fen Tiger Slot Stox on Facebook.