Reward offered to trace two women who fled Wisbech hair salon wearing robes with tin foils still in their hair to avoid £100 bill
- Credit: Archant
A hair salon is warning other businesses to be on their guard after two young women ran off wearing robes with tin foils still in their hair to save paying a bill of almost £100.
The two women had been in All About You Hair and Beauty in High Street for almost three hours having a full weave of colour put in their hair to create blonde on top and black underneath.
When it got to the last 20 minutes of the treatment the pair made a run for it.
Salon director Mark Partridge said: “They had been going out for regular cigarette breaks. When the stylists said, right you’re ready to have the product washed off now, the young women asked if it was OK to have another cigarette.
“They went outside and took ages, which is when my staff realised they had run off down the High Street still wearing our robes and with the towels round their shoulders and tin foils in their hair.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s laughable really, it beggars belief. We wanted to warn other businesses so they don’t get stung like we’ve been.
“Sadly we will now have to take credit card details or cash up front before we do any styling or colouring to make sure we are not hit again,” he said.
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Jail for pair who threatened group with sword
- 3 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 4 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 5 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 6 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 7 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 8 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 9 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
Both women are described as British in their late teens or early twenties. Both have fake tans and dark pencilled eyebrows.
Both are described as short. One was wearing a peach and cream tracksuit, the other was wearing shorts and a leopard print crop top.
The incident happened during late night opening at the salon on Thursday April 23.