Right Path programme improving education standards at a Chatteris college
- Credit: Archant
A SCHEME introduced to improve literacy and numeracy skills at a Fenland school has produced encouraging results.
Students enrolled in the Right Path programme at Cromwell Community College, Chatteris, have achieved a range of qualifications, showed increased attendance levels and become more engaged in the classroom.
The programme has included gardening, swimming, Chatteris Leisure Centre visits, building a range of household items including a coffee table and working with the K9 charity.
Sarah Amor, education manager, said: “I am really proud of all the students’ achievements this year.
“Students have gained Functional Skills qualifications in English, Maths and ICT and have completed a BTEC Workskills qualification.
You may also want to watch:
“One student even achieved a higher grade pass in GCSE maths and is only in year 9.
“I hope that all the students are as proud of their individual achievements as all the members of staff in the Right Path team are.
- 1 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 2 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 3 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 4 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 5 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
- 6 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 7 Photographer, Eleanor, wins highly regarded award
- 8 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 9 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 10 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
“My thanks go to all the staff involved with the programme and also to the parents of the students who have supported their children.”