Riverside plot for sale to travellers
THREE acres of riverside land in the tranquil Fens has been put up for sale by John Gawthorp – and he wants to sell it to gypsies. Either as one plot or up to 20 plots, he sees the sale of his former home at Bedlam Bridge, along the Sixteen Foot Drain nea
THREE acres of riverside land in the tranquil Fens has been put up for sale by John Gawthorp - and he wants to sell it to gypsies.
Either as one plot or up to 20 plots, he sees the sale of his former home at Bedlam Bridge, along the Sixteen Foot Drain near March, as ideal for the travelling community to set up home.
Mr Gawthorp, whose home was bulldozed by Fenland District Council's enforcement team in May, said: "Councils are begging for land for traveller sites, so I cannot see any backlash from the council - I will be doing it a favour by selling my land to travellers.
"It would make 15-20 nice plots - they would have the full length of the riverside and the water mains and electricity is already installed.
You may also want to watch:
"If they make me a sensible offer they can pull in now if they wanted. All I want is enough money to buy a bungalow for me and my wife so we can settle down and get on with our lives again.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 3 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 4 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 5 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 6 Squash club marks 40 years of competitions
- 7 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 8 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 9 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 10 Keep your eyes peeled for David’s dinosaur this weekend