Road and path improvements underway
WORK is set to start on a series of road and path improvement schemes in March and Christchurch costing more than £161,000. The works are part of Cambridgeshire County Councils commitment to improving transport, especially in rural areas. The works will i
WORK is set to start on a series of road and path improvement schemes in March and Christchurch costing more than £161,000.
The works are part of Cambridgeshire County Councils commitment to improving transport, especially in rural areas.
The works will include repairing and resurfacing well worn areas of footpath and road.
The five schemes include:
You may also want to watch:
* West End, March - footway repairs between Peas Hill Road and Orwell Drive - starting September 28 and programmed for two weeks. - estimated works cost £3500.00
* Burrowmoor Road, March - footway repairs between edge of town and City Road - proposed start date mid October 2006 and anticipate works will take 6 weeks
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 3 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 4 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 5 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 6 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 7 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 8 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 9 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 10 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off
* Sixteen Foot Road, Christchurch - carriageway repairs between Wheatsheaf Road and Bedlam Bridge - programmed start date October 9 - works to be carried out during period of road closure with diversion route via Manea which will be signed.
Vehicular access to affected properties will be maintained, however, delays are to be anticipated but these will be kept to a minimum. Estimated works costs £100,000.
* Kingswood Road, March - footway reconstruction works - work is anticipated to start in November / December
* Station Road, March - repairs to east side footway between County Road and Newlands Avenue - no firm start date but work is anticipated to start in November 2006
Graham Mallott, Divisional Maintenance Engineer for Cambridgeshire County Council, said: "It is important to repair and improve roads and footways to increase safety and help keep people on the move.
"Fenlands roads and paths are well used and often take heavy traffic as well as suffering from being on unstable soils.
"We apologise for any delays during these works and ask motorists and pedestrians to take extra care and leave plenty of time for their journey.