Motorist crashes into telephone pole at Wyton
- Credit: Archant
Cambridgeshire Police have confirmed that a motorist has collided with a telephone pole at Wyton.
The A141 was reported as being blocked in both directions this morning (July 26) between Old Hurst and B1090 at Wyton, due to the road traffic collision.
A Spokesman for Cambridgeshire Police said: "Police were called at 8.18am to a report of a single vehicle collision with a telephone pole on the A141, Wyton.
"As a result the cables came down across both sides of the road causing a hazard which has resulted in the road closure in both directions.
"The driver of the vehicle is currently being assessed but his injuries are not deemed life threatening at this time.
You may also want to watch:
"We are working with the cable providers to make the road safe as soon as possible. In the meantime please avoid the area.'
- 1 Woman killed and four hospitalised after crash
- 2 Pair questioned amid probe into catalytic converter thefts
- 3 The Great British Sunday is a rush to the pumps not the piers
- 4 Victim left with serious injuries after McDonald's car park attack
- 5 Solicitor firm embraces legal sector apprenticeship scheme
- 6 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 7 'Emotional' quartet complete 10k for villager Paul
- 8 'Unprecedented crisis’ over school bus drivers
- 9 Man arrested after suspected drink or drug-fuelled A141 crash
- 10 Pictures show cars - including Tesco delivery vans - queued at fuel pumps