Road improvement work planned for A47 at Thorney next week
- Credit: Archant
ROAD resurfacing work will take place on the A47 at Thorney later this month.
The work will be carried out at the Station Road and New Cut roundabouts from January 23-26.
The A47 will be closed for three nights, between 8pm and 6am, in both directions, on the approaches to, and exits from the roundabouts.
Mike Evans, Highways Agency Project Sponsor, said: “This overnight resurfacing work at Thorney will improve journeys for road users on the A47.
“We have planned this work to take place overnight between 8pm and 6am, when traffic flows are at their lowest, to minimise disruption.
You may also want to watch:
“Drivers who feel they may be affected by this work are advised to plan ahead and leave extra time for their journeys.”
The following diversion routes will be in place while work takes place:
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 3 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 4 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 5 Squash club marks 40 years of competitions
- 6 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 7 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 8 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 9 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 10 Keep your eyes peeled for David’s dinosaur this weekend
* Wednesday 23 January – Eastbound traffic will exit the Station Road roundabout and travel via the B1040, the A605, and the A141 to rejoin the A47 at Guyhirn. Westbound traffic will follow the same diversion in the opposite direction.
* Thursday 24 and Friday 25 January – Eastbound traffic will exit the A47 at the Oversley roundabout and travel along the B1167 Wisbech Road to rejoin the A47 at New Cut roundabout. Westbound traffic will follow the same route in the opposite direction