Robots built by Whittlesey pupils during a computing masterclass
- Credit: Archant
PRIMARY school pupils in Whittlesey built their own intelligent robots and created a movie about the town’s Straw Bear Festival during a masterclass in computer programming and digital media.
Pupils from the Park Lane Primary School, and gifted and talented pupils from the New Road Primary School, took part in a series of workshops provided by IT instruction company, Enriched IT.
The pupils worked in teams to build the robots, before pitting their wits against each other in a series of challenges.
Margaret Leverett, headteacher at Park Lane Primary School said: “This incredible opportunity was relished by all of the pupils. We were also delighted to welcome some of the pupils from New Road to further cement our partnership with other primary schools in the town.
“All of the children thoroughly enjoyed themselves, and we hope to have sparked some excitement around the creative possibilities presented by digital media and computer science. You never know, we might even have a new Steve Jobs coming through our rank.”
You may also want to watch:
The IT experts also worked with pupils to develop their own blogs, and produce their own video. The movie was created from film footage recorded at this year’s Whittlsey Straw Bear Festival, and it will be entered into the Cambridgeshire Film Festival.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 3 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 4 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 5 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 6 Squash club marks 40 years of competitions
- 7 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 8 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 9 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 10 Keep your eyes peeled for David’s dinosaur this weekend