Rock Choir set up in Fenland for budding performers of all abilities
- Credit: Archant
BUDDING singers are being encouraged to join a choir with a difference.
Rock Choir is opening in Wisbech on Tuesday evenings at the Queen Mary Centre, Queens Road, from 8pm to 9.30pm.
Rock Choir leader Mike Tandy, who has performed around the world with Jamie Cullum, is inviting anyone interested in joining to try a free 90-minute taster session.
He said: “Rock Choir is very different to the more traditional choirs and choral societies.
“We sing our own, special arrangements of feel good chart and pop songs.
You may also want to watch:
“You don’t have to read music and there are no auditions.
“As well as giving people the chance to reawaken their love of singing, being in Rock Choir is a great way to meet new people and enjoy some ‘me’ time each week. We’ve got lots of exciting performances in the pipeline too.”
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 3 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 6 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 7 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 8 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 9 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 10 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital
Rock Choir is the UK’s largest contemporary choir, with more than 16,000 members in more than 250 communities.
The choir has broken three Guinness World Records, been the subject of the three-part ITV1 documentary ‘The Choir That Rocks’ and performed at hundreds of events, including sell-out shows at The 02, Wembley Arena and The Royal Albert Hall.
To book a place at the free taster session or find out more about Rock Choir visit www.rockchoir.com or telephone 01252 714 276.