Rock Choir set up in Fenland for budding performers of all abilities
- Credit: Archant
BUDDING singers are being encouraged to join a choir with a difference.
Rock Choir is opening in Wisbech on Tuesday evenings at the Queen Mary Centre, Queens Road, from 8pm to 9.30pm.
Rock Choir leader Mike Tandy, who has performed around the world with Jamie Cullum, is inviting anyone interested in joining to try a free 90-minute taster session.
He said: “Rock Choir is very different to the more traditional choirs and choral societies.
“We sing our own, special arrangements of feel good chart and pop songs.
“You don’t have to read music and there are no auditions.
“As well as giving people the chance to reawaken their love of singing, being in Rock Choir is a great way to meet new people and enjoy some ‘me’ time each week. We’ve got lots of exciting performances in the pipeline too.”
- 1 Police 'increasingly concerned' for man missing since early hours yesterday
- 2 'Giving a child the chance to be a child lifts my heart’ says foster carer
- 3 Obsessive stalker jailed for posting explicit photographs of his former partner
- 4 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 5 Recap: Wire damage disrupts Hitchin and Peterborough trains
- 6 Man, 28, dies after truck and lorries crash on A47
- 7 Three rail and bus strikes in London and the East this week
- 8 Two combine harvesters catch fire in under 12 hours
- 9 Unauthorised encampments across Cambs a 'tricky issue' says Police and Crime Commissioner
- 10 Discount store expanding making it ‘bigger and better for customers’
Rock Choir is the UK’s largest contemporary choir, with more than 16,000 members in more than 250 communities.
The choir has broken three Guinness World Records, been the subject of the three-part ITV1 documentary ‘The Choir That Rocks’ and performed at hundreds of events, including sell-out shows at The 02, Wembley Arena and The Royal Albert Hall.
To book a place at the free taster session or find out more about Rock Choir visit www.rockchoir.com or telephone 01252 714 276.