Rockingham Rapper Sword Dancers to host free taster day in Whittlesey
- Credit: Archant
The Rockingham Rapper Sword Dancers will host a free taster day in Whittlesey this Saturday (February 11).
The Rapper Sword Dance originates from the Coal Mines of the north east of England in the mid 19th Century.
“The dances are fast paced, energetic and spectacular not only to watch but also to perform,” say the Whittlesey-based group, who have been together since 2004.
“We have performed this intricate dance style at festivals and events all over the country and have even claimed a prize or two along the way.
“You may have even seen us perform at Peterborough Harvest Festival or at the Whittlesey Straw Bear Festival.
You may also want to watch:
“Now we would like to invite you to come a take part in our taster day event being held at Childers Sports & Social Club, Station Road, Whittlesey.”
The event will run from 11am to 5pm.
- 1 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 2 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 3 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 4 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 5 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 6 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 7 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
- 8 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 9 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 10 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
This event is free and open to those who are aged 16 and over.
For more details and to book your place at the event visit www.rockinghamrapper.org.uk