Roddons gift wooden play fort to Fenland school after March Summer Festival parade
EXCITED pupils at a March school were given a big surprise when Roddons Housing Association set up a wooden fort in the playground.
The play fort was gifted to Cavalry School last Tuesday after youngsters designed “Fort Roddons” as the centre piece of its parade float at this year’s March Summer Festival.
Creative pupils turned the wooden structure into an historical fort - matching the Tudor costumes of Roddons staff, who dressed as Henry VIII and his six wives to parade through the town centre last Saturday. A court jester also skipped and danced the entire route, giving out sweets.
Val Spriggs, Cavalry’s Head Teacher, said: “The children were very excited when they saw the fort and we know that it will be very well used. We are very grateful to Roddons for donating it to the school.”
Debby Bunn, head of customer services for Roddons, said: “Roddons is all about providing homes for local people and Fort Roddons fits in nicely with this.
You may also want to watch:
“We are also passionate about making a difference in the community and understanding residents’ needs. Events like the March Summer Festival are a great opportunity for us to meet with residents and find out what really matters to them.
“We received some valuable feedback about our services and answered many questions on housing matters from right to buy schemes to how can we help with arranging local events.
- 1 Man dies following crash on Cambridgeshire road
- 2 Chatteris drug dealers handed community orders
- 3 Vaccine centre closure date announced amid 60,000 doses target
- 4 Serious crash blocks main road into Fen town
- 5 Updates as emergency services rush to major crash blocking B1101
- 6 Man, aged in his 40s, dies after suspected drug-fuelled B1101 crash
- 7 Hancock admits QEH 'in serious need of improvement' but makes no promises
- 8 Covid ban on collecting CCTV says police after cycle theft
- 9 Floral tributes laid for ‘amazing brother’ killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 10 Cannabis factory uncovered in Fen village
“People also asked about how to apply for a social housing property along with requests for repairs and maintenance improvements, which we will be looking into.”