Roddons Housing Association staff raise �500 for Breast Cancer Research at Race For Life
RODDONS Housing Association staff helped raise more than �500 for Breast Cancer Research at the Race for Life in Peterborough.
The ‘Roddons Girls’, together with friends and family, completed the 5km run in fancy dress to help support their much-loved colleague Liz Elliott who was diagnosed with breast cancer in January.
Debby Bun, head of Roddons’ customer services, said: “We are all really inspired by Liz and it’s great to see so many of us here for a worthy cause.
“Cancer affects so many people and everyone can do something to help. When someone close to you is diagnosed with cancer it’s devastating for everyone involved.”
Ms Elliott said: “The staff at Roddons, especially the customer service team, have been very understanding, encouraging and supportive towards me whilst battling with chemotherapy.”
You may also want to watch:
“I am about to start the next stage in fighting cancer and have surgery coming up soon. It’s good to know that all the staff will continue to be encouraging and supportive towards me and sending regular well wishes, thank you.”
- 1 Bombshell result in village polls leaves 115 homes plan in doubt
- 2 Two mystery sinkholes appear across town during scorching weekend
- 3 Slimmer crowned 'greatest loser' after dropping four stone
- 4 Woman claims police officer ‘forced himself’ upon her
- 5 Jail for man who broke partner’s nose and intimidated witness
- 6 Thunderstorms set to hit Cambs after hot intense weekend
- 7 Hotel has everything you need for a relaxing staycation
- 8 Magpas chief executive 'surprised and honoured' by MBE
- 9 New ditch to relieve flood issues 'more challenging than expected'
- 10 Van overturns after striking Ely’s infamous ‘most bashed bridge’