Roddons prepares to give away �300,000 to Fenland community groups in latest round of funding
RODDONS Housing Association is gearing up to give away �300,000 in funding to community groups and organisations across Fenland.
The money forms part of the �1million pot set aside to spend on community projects when the housing stock was transferred to Roddons from Fenland District Council in November 2007.
To date, nearly 60 community groups and larger organisations have benefited from funding for projects which have enhanced the life chances of many residents across Fenland.
This year, particular preference will be shown to applicants who can demonstrate activities or initiatives around:
• Tackling Unemployment
• Affordable Warmth
• Financial Inclusion
- 1 Thousands descend on Chatteris as town lights up for Christmas
- 2 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 3 East Cambs Council bins green waste collections for seven weeks
- 4 Check before you travel ahead of major upgrade, commuters warned
- 5 'White van man' crashes into rail bridge
- 6 Children among suspected hare coursers stopped in the Fens
- 7 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
- 8 Stolen caravans discovered on village site to relief of owners
- 9 Ex-wife of killer Colin Hill shares rape ordeal more than 30 years on
- 10 Fens business park goes to auction - for up to £700,000
Christopher Smith, managing director of Roddons, said this year’s community funding was likely to be more important than ever as many community groups and other organisations felt the impact of reductions in public expenditure.
He said: “Roddons is seeking to make a positive contribution to our residents and the wider community within the Fenland area via our Community Fund.
“Although we have identified these three key priority themes, all applications will be considered from groups and organisations who can contribute to the overall mission of Roddons which is to enhance life chances.”
Applicants will be invited to put in a bid for funds by completing an Expression of Interest form, giving details of how they intend to spend the money. These bids will then be shortlisted by the Community Fund Sub-Group at Roddons and a further assessment will then take place.
Applications close on March 31 2011.
For further information, advice or guidance and/or an application pack contact Wendy Coles, community and projects officer for Roddons, on phone 01354 607243 or e-mail email@example.com