Roddons staff raise £630 for cancer charity
- Credit: Archant
STAFF at Roddons presented Macmillian Cancer Relief with a cheque for £630 yesterday.
This is the fourth year Roddons has raised money for the Macmillan and Hudson Palliative Care Centre, in Wisbech, which supports patients over the age of 18 with life-threatening illness, their families and carers.
The fundraisers held a Christmas draw which raised £380, which was supplemented by a £250 cheque from the Erith Group.
Sally Taylor, Resident Involvement Officer who organised the draw, paid tribute to the staff’s generosity.
She said: “We are thrilled to have raised a total of £630 and know that this will really make a difference.”
You may also want to watch:
Michelle Knight, Clinical Nurse Specialist at Macmillan said: “This money will benefit the patients hugely.
“Without donations such as this, we wouldn’t be able to keep running and we are extremely grateful for the continued support we receive from Roddons.”
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 3 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 4 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 5 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 6 Farm donates pumpkins and money to hospitals ‘close to our hearts’
- 7 Man found dead in March
- 8 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 9 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 10 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens