March man Roger Phillips, 72, sent explicit images to children via Skype and accessed child pornography
- Credit: Google Maps
A March man has been sentenced after sending explicit images to children via Skype and accessing child pornography, police have revealed.
Roger Phillips, aged 72 of Westry, was arrested by Cambs Cops after officers discovered his Skype account was being used to message children aged between 10 and 14.
Officers searched his home in November 2017 and seized a number of electronic devices, along with a notebook containing children's Skype usernames.
Two laptops were found containing 28 indecent images of children along with numerous inappropriate search items. One image was classed as category A.
Philips admitted owning the devices and pleaded guilty to attempting to engage in sexual communications with a child and three counts of making indecent images of a child.
You may also want to watch:
On Friday (January 10) at Peterborough Crown Court he was sentenced to eight months in prison, suspended for two years and ordered to complete 30 days rehabilitation activity.
He was also placed on the Sex Offenders Register for ten years.
- 1 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 2 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 3 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 4 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 5 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 6 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 7 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 8 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 9 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 10 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
Flo Leftley-Gynn, of the Paedophile Online Investigation Team, said: "Our team routinely follow up intelligence where the internet is used to access indecent images of children or where young people are at risk.
"Philips will now be monitored whilst subject to a Sexual Harm Prevention Order and will complete rehabilitation work."
For more information on online grooming and the Sex Offenders Register, visit the force's website: www.cambs.police.uk/sexoffences