Roll up to Coates pub and help keep Maya on the move
A Fenland pub is holding a petanque day to raise cash for a disabled toddler.
The Vine in Coates is holding the day on August 30 in aid of Whittlesey girl Maya Ratcliffe to buy her a special lightweight wheelchair.
Three-year-old Maya has spina bifida and hydrocephalus and many other associated conditions including epilepsy.
She was born prematurely and also contracted meningitis at just a month old. Maya has already undergone over 15 operations of which five have been major life saving procedures to her brain and spine.
Having a new lightweight chair will enable Maya to participate in the many activities that she loves including dancing, racing, basketball and much more as she grows.
You may also want to watch:
It will give her the freedom and independence to explore and play and most of all join in with and chase her friends at alphabet day nursery, Whittlesey.
Maya does her part by joining in fundraising activities for other charities in particular the SHINE charity which supports individuals and families living with spina bifida and hydrocephalus.
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 5 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 8 County passes funding of new £25m Wisbech school back to the Government
- 9 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 10 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
For the past two years she has completed the PGER fun run in Peterborough for SHINE.
This year Maya and her parents, Fay Dovey and Aaron Ratliffe, plan to complete the fun run again for SHINE as part of the family’s SHINE bucket list.
The bucket list will see the family complete 12 fundraising challenges in 12 month. These will include skydiving to bake sales and money towers to sponsored walks.
The fundraising page for Maya’s wheelchair is: http:www.gofundme.comMAYASWONDERLAND
The fundraising page for SHINE is: www.justgiving.commayasadventuresinwonderland
For more on the petanque day contact Stu on 01733 840343.