Romanian rescue dog living with Wisbech foster carer as she waits to find her new home
- Credit: Archant
A “fluffy teddy bear” of a dog is looking for her forever home after being rescued as she wandered the streets of Romania.
Ciuf is living with a foster carer in Wisbech while she waits to find a new home after being rescued along with 40 other dogs as part of a mission by UK registered charity Paws2Rescue.
Alison Standbridge of the charity, said: “We have 15 teams members in the UK, Germany and USA and many more foster carers.
“We help Romanian dogs have a better life and help a lucky few to find loving homes in the UK. We raise money and send desperately needed food, beds and treats over to Romania to our shelters where we strive to care for as many dogs as we can.
“The EU allows each member country to manage their own stray animal population. Sadly the answer in Romania is to inhumanely capture and kill any dog not on private property - including pets who are allowed out of their yards to play.
You may also want to watch:
“Life in Romania for any dog is a living hell - begging for food, they are tortured, beaten and abused daily.”
Ciuf is a year old shepherd cross who was rescued six months ago after her mum was captured and killed.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 4 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 5 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 6 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 7 Jail for pair who threatened group with sword
- 8 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital
- 9 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
“Ciuf was skin and bone, and had no way of finding food. One month ago, Paws2Rescue brought her to the UK to an amazing foster family in Wisbech to teach her how to live inside a home, and how to be a dog in the UK.
“Ciuf is gentle and intelligent, great with humans and other dogs, she is a very loving girl. With Mother’s Day coming up we really would love for Ciuf to find her forever mum.”
If you know someone who is interested or would like more information, please contact Catherine of Paws2Rescue on 07986 086232 or email email@example.com.