Rose celebrates her 104th birthday at daughter’s wedding
“It was very important to me that mum was there,” said Ms Turton, who travelled from her home on the Maltese island of Gozo
ROSE Martin celebrated her 104th birthday on Monday - the same day her daughter was married.
Daughter Diana Turton, 71, tied the knot with Dennis Coleman, 67, at Ely Register Office – and then headed off to Ness Court nursing home in Burwell where Rose lives for a blessing.
“It was very important to me that mum was there,” said Ms Turton, who travelled from her home on the Maltese island of Gozo. “She’s quite an inspirational woman. She still quotes Tennyson – her favourite poet – so her memory is very good!”
Mrs Martin worked as a copy-holder for many years for our sister paper The Cambs Times and was editor of the March High School Old Girls’ magazine for 15 years.
You may also want to watch:
Ms Turton said: “We were going to get married next year and then we thought it would be so nice to involve mum. I was quite happy to have a quiet wedding in Malta but when my husband suggested it I agreed it would be amazing.
Pic cap: Diana and Dennis with Rose on Monday.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 4 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 5 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 6 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 7 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital
- 8 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 9 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire