Girl raises 10 times her charity target by completing cycle challenge
A Doddington girl has raised more than 10 times her original £100 target for charity by completing the longest bike ride she has ever done.
Inspired by Children in Need this year, Rosie came up with her own challenge - to bike seven miles on Sunday November 22. Thanks to donations via her GoFundMe page, she has raised £1,092.
Her mum Meg Macaulay said Rosie came up with the challenge all by herself, created sponsorship posters, ate a lot of carbs and filmed content.
“We had so much support from start to finish and all the way round,” she added. “Thank you to such supportive friends, family and the village for cheering her on.”
Rosie and her mum also thanked Claire, David, Tracie, Sarah, Kim, Stan, Emma for “staking out and cheering her along.
“But mostly thank you to everyone who donated! Rosie has raised an immense amount of money in a week.”
To donate, visit Rosie’s GoFundMe page.
- 1 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 2 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 3 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 4 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 5 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 6 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 7 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 8 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 9 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 10 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed