Rotary Club’s garden party raises £5,000 for charity
- Credit: Archant
A GARDEN party held last month raised £5,000 for two charities.
Wisbech Rotary Club donated £2,500 to the East Anglian Childrens Hospice and the same amount to Addenbrookes Charitable Trust at their meeting on Tuesday.
Club president Jon Martin presented the cheques to the two charities.
EACH was represented by Karen Newton and Jo Newton attended on behalf of Addenbrookes.
The ‘Coronation Garden Party’ was held at Harps Hall in June.
You may also want to watch:
Wisbech Rotary Club meets at The Red Lion, North Brink, Wisbech on Tuesday evenings.
For more information on rotary activities contact Jon Martin on 01945 450154.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 4 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 5 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 6 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 7 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 8 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 9 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 10 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November