Royal Horticultural Society Award for Fenland Artists
- Credit: Archant
A colourful mural painted on the front of a public building has received an award from Chatteris in Bloom.
Five Fenland artists got together to create the masterpiece on the frontage of the Empress Swimming pool in Chatteris.
Richard Savage, Yve Welsh, Heather Kinnear, Marian Savill and Ormond Connelly have been presented with the award for their outstanding work.
The Royal Horticultural Society and Anglia in Bloom gave the award for outstanding pictorial enhancements for the mural painted on the frontage of the building in Chatteris marketplace.
The mural depicts a series of comedic caricatures from the era of the silver screen including Shirley Temple, David Niven, Mary Poppins and Laurel & Hardy.
You may also want to watch:
The team responsible for the artwork have also worked on other projects in the town including a bogus estate agents and a tribute to the TV programme, Open All Hours.
Over the years, this group of artists have exhibited throughout the Fenland area and beyond.
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 5 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 8 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 9 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 10 County passes funding of new £25m Wisbech school back to the Government